Bunny Ears

A compilation of established World Eater actions and background discussions

Bunny Ears

Postby nurglespuss on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:18 am

Hi guys Ive been in the 40k hobby since rogue trader but have always wondered how/why did khorne chaos space marines and warriors grew/chose/were given the famous helmet adornments?

I don't recall anything being written about it? Do you?
My blog of all things model: www.angelsofbaal.wordpress.com
nurglespuss
Traitor

Re: Bunny Ears

Postby KrautScientist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:35 am

First of all, welcome to the forum! Don't forget to post in the introduction thread, so the other board members realise we have a new member :thumbsup:

Regarding your question, as far as I know, the only thing established in the background is that the "bunny ears" are a stylised representation of Khorne's own rune. And while some designs do play rather fast and loose with that idea, it explains why Khornate warriors in both 40k and WFB would adopt that element.
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com
World Eaters / INQ 28 / Terrain / Other
KrautScientist
Master of the Hunt

Postby nurglespuss on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:59 am

Excellent answer, and thank you!
nurglespuss
Traitor

Postby ULFNAR SKULLTAKER on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 am

as ks said its khornes rune, the only name i ave seen for these helms's is (ARX DEATH HELM) FROM 3RD ED CHAOS CODEX PAGE32 with a bit of small txt ( variant world eater helmet - design post heresy manufacture,) hope this helps :)
"That is why we are the Eaters of Worlds and the War Hounds no longer"
ULFNAR SKULLTAKER
Marauder

Postby nurglespuss on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 am

That's a great find! Thanks :D

I try and block 3rd ed out :p
nurglespuss
Traitor

Postby skraal_001 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:14 am

I can't give a specific date as to when it happened, but I assume it would be any time after the Isstvan V Dropsite Massacre. After that "battle", several World Eaters started painting their armour red and bronze. As the Heresy progressed, more and more did the same until the Legion's colours were no longer the white and blue of the War Hounds. I believe a few also began to mark their armour with Khornate icons as well. Therefore, it would make sense that they started adopting the "bunny ears" around this time too.

The main point though is that it was a gradual thing; there was no set day when the whole legion got together, had some tea and cake, then set about carving the bunny ears on, and finally slaughtering millions of people to paint their armour in their blood. World Eaters just don't eat cake. And they certainly don't have grand reunions in the name of Cake.
“Captain Saul Tarvitz had faced storms of gunfire and monstrous aliens and even glimpsed the insane predators of the warp, but when Angron charged, he ran.”
skraal_001
Marauder

Return to + WORLD EATERS BACKGROUND +