World Bleeders' Spaceport

Anything pertaining to Chaos fleets and the BFG game

World Bleeders' Spaceport

Postby World Bleeder on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Hello all,

As many of you may remember I'm a pretty big BFG player and have been for many years. I have a fairly large Chaos fleet which I had posted up on WE.net so I thought I would start taking pics and showing off my fleet again.

Here is a shot of my pair of Devastation Class Cruisers.

More pics coming soon!
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Re: World Bleeders' Spaceport

Postby birdie on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 am

Hey Worldbleeder I remember these from WE.net! good to see them again.

BFG has always interested me but I've never found anyone near me that is interested, however I've recently discovered that a family friend (my doubles partner in an upcoming tournament) has always wanted to get into BFG by like me never found anyone else interested.

So my question to you Worldbleeder is this, how easy is it to pick up? both in terms of getting the models together and understanding the rules?
Gone.................but not forgotten

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby World Bleeder on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:36 am

By far I think this is the easiest game in all of GW's rules systems to pick up and play. The rules have never really changed since they first came out. They were that good! If you and your friend are able to find a BFG box set and split the cost you'll have an both entire Chaos and Imperial fleet to start with. You won't need more than what comes with the box unless you want to get into larger point games. Of course theirs only one rule book in there but you can download the rules from GW's website for free.

The rules are really clear and simple but the game is really good. I'd say a half hour of reading over all the basic rules and you'd be ready to start you first game. You don't need to get into the advanced rules right away but there isn't that much to make it so difficult that you couldn't.

The models are very easy to assemble. The main bodies come in two pieces and then you add the bridge and some antennas and you're done. Oh and a stand. Spray paint, base coat, dry brushing gets most of the details and then any little extras you want. You can knock out a fleet of 4-5 ships in a day if you have the free time.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby birdie on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:50 pm

World Bleeder wrote:BFG box set and split the cost you'll have an both entire Chaos and Imperial fleet to start with.

BOX SET!!! I didn't know you could get such a thing for BFG, right that's it my decisions made, as soon as I find set consider me BFGisised!

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby Skyzerker on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Of course there was a boxed set! I can't think of a single GW game from the past two decades that didn't have some sort of starter box (okay, one, if you count "Bommaz over da Sulpha Rivva"). If you can't get ahold of one through the usual channels there's always fleabay.
Sanity... ...is for the WEAK!

Brave are the deeds
Of fallen victorious
Never forgotten
Lonely are the glorious
Skyzerker
Daemonhost

Postby World Bleeder on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:07 am

Inquisitor also different have a box set but here is a shot of my two Slaughter class cruisers. One with added spikes for more ramming damage. Literally!

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby birdie on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Skyzerker wrote:If you can't get ahold of one through the usual channels there's always fleabay.

GW don't sell it anymore, so I've got a 'bot running on fleabay.

'Dem some find looking spaceships WB!

I really need to get some......................................

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby World Bleeder on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 am

Here's a pic of my Murder class cruiser.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Leonar the Insane on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:18 am

looks really nice, how hard is it to paint one of those?
Well that was unexpected…
- Last words of the Chaos Warmaster Varan the Undefeatable

Leonar the Insane
Marauder

Postby World Bleeder on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks, painting BFG ships isn't difficult at all. You just base coat them, do a couple of layers of dry brushing to pick out detail and then add some highlights like windows, guns and such. It's easy to make a good looking ship.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Next

Return to + BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC +