Arbaal´s finished works

40K & Fantasy finished works

Re: Arbaal´s finished works

Postby Arbaal on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:43 am

Thank you Tom!

By the way, if you´re looking for similar bases in the US, there is a company called "secretweapon". They have bases also called "bonefield", so you dont have to pay shipping from europe to the US.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!
Arbaal
the Undefeated, Destroyer of Khorne

Postby Arbaal on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:16 pm

FINALLY, after god-damn eight (praise khorne!!!) months of converting, building, rebuilding and doing it over and over again i finished that damn Skarbrand! This would have been my contest entry, but after i had ideas, started it and things didnt work the way i wanted, i was a bit frustrated, ordered new bitz and as the bitz i ordered didnt come in time (and when they arrived they didnt fit) i didnt continue.
but one day my damn pride took me (or the fact that he was laying on my desk and was in the way all the time!) and i decided to finish it. At first the plan was to totally scratchbuild a Skarbrand, using no parts of original bloodthirsters at all and use the morghasts tattered wings and the khorngorath´s body... problem was, the wings were to tiny and the body didnt fit to the crazy ideas i had in my head... so i bought the original Skarbrand, used his wings, arms and legs (but not the damn face... i HATE that face: Skarbrand is the epitome of rage and hatred... he has no time doing his goatie, he is out there killing everything within reach!) and the upper body of that khorgorath, because i wanted to do this flames on his back (after all "brand" means something like "fire" in german) and these shoulders are really impressive. Well, lots of time and greenstuff later, this is what we got. ;)
sorry again for the picture´s bad quality (it´s 2.20 AM in germany), but i still didnt learn it. I built an improvized fotobox, but the pics either got too bright or blue-ish, so i just took some shots with my mobilephone while he´s standing in the shelf.
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (85.48 KiB) Viewed 614 times

Left.jpg
Left.jpg (90.16 KiB) Viewed 614 times

Right.jpg
Right.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Arbaal

Postby Arbaal on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Here´s one more pic, showing his back. For those of you who are not on facebook, i still have another pic comparing him to a normal bloodthirster, but i have to convert it somehow, so it will fit here and i am too tired for this right now. I will do that tomorrow...

No idea if it can be seen well, but due to his broad shoulders and all that armour he´s really massive and a lot bulkier than a normal BT
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (82.23 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Arbaal

Postby Brninghalo on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:41 am

The flames turned out awesome!!!
I like the look of the tattered wings as well. You did a great job
of making the wings look as though the meat had been stripped off.

Thanks,
Tom
Brninghalo
Blood Confessor

Postby Arbaal on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Thank you Tom for your kind words. This guy was really a tough project and i wanted him to be somewhere between "yeekk, that´s one heck of a ugly/disgusting MoFu" and "my poor enemy... that guy may scare the sh!t out of the poor marines/orcs/eldar/etc"

the ugly/disgusting parts were (of course) the eye-insulting red/green contrast. by now most people here might know that i have a "perverse" fable for that crazy colour-combination, after all we´re talking about daemons, entities that deny all reality (and good taste) and this screaming contrast is just perfect in my opinion.

Second point is, that these destroyed wings had to look somehow disgusting and devastated - after all Khorne himself kicked Skarbrand´s A$$. the first idea was to paint them brownish/reddish like dried blood, but that looked a bit boring, so i decided to use this wet-blood-look... and i like it, cus it fits to Khorne to punish someone to bleed for all eternity.
and honestly i cant get enough of that colour on khorne-models! ;)

Last but not least, that i hope i found my coloursceme for specific things to symbolize them in my army:
blue-ish/white für all the plasma-tubes and powerweapons for example and that greenish/yellow for things daemonic, because such axes look like they were from the stone age but are able to kill a human being with a mere touch. or the greenish membranes of my chaosdragon´s wings: in nature these wings would be way to small to let such a huge body fly... so they have to be imbued with some daemonic powers (green) to deny reality and gravity and lift that huge body to the skies of the 41st millenium.

I like the flames too. I planned for long to do something with fire and the Balrog was the final inspiration i needed.
Arbaal

Postby Arbaal on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:34 am

As some of you that are in my facebook friendlist may have seen i did my own Kharn. The new one is ok, i guess he is more massive than the old one but i am not a big fan of him. Here is my version, a kitbash from the old GW-Kharn and the FW-Kharn.
1.jpg
1.jpg (188.54 KiB) Viewed 495 times

Axe.jpg
Axe.jpg (135.38 KiB) Viewed 495 times

Back.jpg
Back.jpg (163.93 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Arbaal

Postby Arbaal on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:36 am

Left.jpg
Left.jpg (138.4 KiB) Viewed 495 times

Right.jpg
Right.jpg (203.96 KiB) Viewed 495 times

...comments welcome.
Arbaal

Postby Arbaal on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:48 am

Here to give you the rest of an overview over my recent works since i did the Skarbrand: I present my Bela´Khor, which i will probably use as "sorcerer" in AoS to summon some goodies. I know it´s not very "khorny" but i love that old Be´lakor model even though he is quite small for a daemonprince and the impressive statline he has (with base he´s just a little bit bigger than my muscleletter-champion). The motivation was - besides the tactical advantages - that i always wanted to paint him in khorne colours.
1.jpg
1.jpg (131.81 KiB) Viewed 494 times

Back.jpg
Back.jpg (127.12 KiB) Viewed 494 times

Front.jpg
Front.jpg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Arbaal

Postby Arbaal on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:58 am

Left.jpg
Left.jpg (122.97 KiB) Viewed 494 times

Right.jpg
Right.jpg (122.45 KiB) Viewed 494 times

Of course comments are welcome here too.
Arbaal

Postby Brass Claw on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:47 am

I really like your "flying" kharn. Most modelers don't show the off the plasma pistol shooting, so it very cool that you're showing that off.

I have always loved the Be´lakor model as well. Back when the model was first released, i was really tempted but opted for a old metal bloodthister model on the cheap for my daemon prince. Maybe i will get in for **** and giggles.
Brass Claw
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to + HALL OF HONOUR +