Khorne Bloodbound

Anything to do with Khorne's Warriors and their place in the game

Khorne Bloodbound

Postby Arbaal on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:15 am

Greetings fellow khorne worshippers,

I am now proud owner of one of those Khorne Bloodbound armybooks (or "battletomes" as they are now called... number 228, if anyone wants to know) and from the outside it´s like most of the limited editions, fancy magnetic box, some nice artworks and of course the battletome itself. One can argue if the limited thingies are worth the price, but i have to admit i love them and i never got disappointed (ok, the dwarf-armybook isnt very handy due to its "3-page layout" but that is another story, i like it anyway).

The disappointment starts, when you see, that this army is a very unflexible one, cus it´s just a handful of similar close combat warriors and that´s it. You have no fast-moving marauder riders, no scouts, no flyers, nothing "shooty", which wouldnt be so bad, if you had something, that would give you the ability to summon khornate daemons... which is very sad.
Maybe i got too used to the Khorne Daemonkin codex and ok, maybe i dont know 100% how that new game works, but having absolutely NO daemons (except ridden juggers), no bloodthirster, not even a daemonprince, (mildly said) really sucks!

But ok, as far as i understood the new game mechanics, i can choose my units from anything that wears the tag "chaos" anyway, so i will probably go onto the daemon warscrolls (for muscleletters, hounds, gargoyles, khannons and BLOODTHIRSTERS) and onto the chaoswarrior or beastmen warscrolls for sorcerers or shammies (yes, i know, shame on me).

The reason for this is simple: You can summon your daemons onto the battlefield, which gives you a bit tactical flexibility and you can do this only if you have a wizard (preferably 2 or 3, just for the case one gets killed). Aside of that you can do other fancy things, like tickeling the dragonogres (from the chaoswarriors warscrolls) with lightningbolts to regenerate some wounds (and tarpit/kill strong enemy units) and lovely stuff like summoning monsters in case you use a beastmen shammy.

Conclusion: If we see the negative side, it´s just another khorne army that looks cool, has lotsa punch up close and personal but if played on its own, it probably wont work. Seeing it positive (do we have a choice?), i would say "hey, i can do what i want anyway" (as long as i do not include some stuff like elves or orcs) so i will get back my beloved "mixed" chaos army from the 90s, use chaoswarriors, daemons and beastmen (plus all what is included like dragonogres, ogres and chimeras) give them a nice khorne-flavour and start taking some skulls on the battlefield. That is all i ever wanted, so i am happy! :)

... to those, who only buy books if there´s something new in it, i would say "dont buy it", cus all the warscrolls can either be downloaded on the GW-homepage or (like the mighty lord of khorne with his hound) are included in this basic AoS box. The only "new" thing is these "organisations" (i guess in 40k its called formations).
Those who like books, stories and stuff (like me), go and get it! ;)

Now i would be curious about your opinion regarding the Khorne Bloodbound?

cya,

Arbaal
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!
Arbaal
the Undefeated, Destroyer of Khorne

Re: Khorne Bloodbound

Postby World Bleeder on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Arbaal,

I have purchased the book as well. I agree with all of the points you have stated.

I was disappointed how few units are included in the book over all honestly. I had hoped to see a lot more from the old warriors book to be included. I completely agree that this army is not very viable without including units from the old book. I have played several games with just the models from the book and while I put up a good fight usually I have yet to actually win a game.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Arbaal on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Hey World Bleeder!

In my opinion it´s GWs intention, that people use more than one list and i had the plan to do it anyway, cus i wont leave the awesome dragonogre models or my freshly painted muscleletters in the shelf, when i have the possibility to use them without even bending some rules!

I just have one heck of a dilemma:
Those new Bloodwarrior models are pretty awesome but i also like the old chaoswarriors too! I already have 24 chaoswarriors and the Bloodwarriors from the basic box.
Now i could either use the Bloodwarriors as chaoswarriors or as Bloodwarriors, depending of what i like. then i would have to use the Chaoswarriors i have as Space wolves, by exchangind heads and weapons for 40k stuff and giving them some space marine backpacks (they would symbolize Bran´s elite Greyhunters)...
...or i use the chaoswarriors i have as chaoswarriors or bloodwarriors and give the Bloodwarriors i have some extra shoulderpads, 40k chaos backpacks and 40k weapons and use them as khorne berzerkers... that would be also damn-cool.

tough decision... i hate that! ;)

the Khorne Bloodbound book... well, i arranged myself mentally with what i have and i guess i will just have to do the best possible setup with what GW gave us. they didnt mess up the fluff too much (like with the dark elves, now being the "good ones"), khorne is still khorne and i am happy that!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!
Arbaal
the Undefeated, Destroyer of Khorne

Postby World Bleeder on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi Arbaal,

I've actually been playing quite a bit of Kings of War lately now. I haven't been playing AoS much any more, there aren't many people in my local area that are interested in it. I'm really enjoying the rules system of Kings of War, it's a really clean system.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Return to + WARRIORS OF KHORNE +