The dread Daemonic Legions of Khorne

Re: New Army book

Postby thewordofblake on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:03 pm

As far as the Rules go in 40k, the Malefic psychic powers:

Summoning: Summon 10 Bloodletters or 5 Flesh hounds
Sacrifice: Summon 1 Herald with 30pts gear
Incursion: Summon 3 Bloodcrushers
Possession: Summon 1 Bloodthirster

Of course, this is just the Khornate list. I'm sure you can gather what the other gods can bring to the table.

Only Psykers can summon them in this fashion. I think I read something about Lore of Undeath? Letting people bring in a bunch of "free" skeletons and other undead creatures? Not paying points cost in their army outside the cost of the Spellcaster. It's the same here. So if you focus a good chunk on Psychic Dice, you can summon a lot of stuff in "for free."

Now, you can also ally Daemons and Chaos Marines to have a combined force, but you aren't going to keep any additional units beyond your list going mono-khorne.
Slaves to Darkness War Coven - 2/1/1 ~ Skulls Collected: 103

thewordofblake
Berzerker

Postby GOD OF BLOOD on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:00 am

Argghal thats a brutal sounding tactic, I just know that he cares from not whom the blood flows, only that it does...

Still when bloodletters and berzerkers came into contact, chaos will surely follow regardless of the current situation :angry5:

and as for GW and their so called psychic powers?

No.

ALL HAIL KHORNE
GOD OF BLOOD
Traitor

Postby World Bleeder on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:39 pm

I play both 40k & Fantasy. Khorne of course is my favorite chaos god but I like Nurgle as well. In 40k I've played with a Nurgle sorcerer and summoned daemons quite effectively.

In Fantasy with the End Times: Nagash rules you can summon anything from the Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings army books using the new Undead Lore. It's really not that effective unless you're playing with Nagash in your army though.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Arbaal on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:04 pm

thewordofblake wrote:As far as the Rules go in 40k, the Malefic psychic powers:

Summoning: Summon 10 Bloodletters or 5 Flesh hounds
Sacrifice: Summon 1 Herald with 30pts gear
Incursion: Summon 3 Bloodcrushers
Possession: Summon 1 Bloodthirster

Of course, this is just the Khornate list. I'm sure you can gather what the other gods can bring to the table.

i think that is the stuff i saw somewhere. sounds nice to me, having some "priest" in the army (even if it is a mage/sorcerer, i wouldnt say that loud in a khorne army) that summons some extra friends! ;)

GOD OF BLOOD wrote:Argghal thats a brutal sounding tactic, I just know that he cares from not whom the blood flows, only that it does...

Still when bloodletters and berzerkers came into contact, chaos will surely follow regardless of the current situation :angry5:

yes, that tactic was kinda brutal, the biggest problem was, that the lord had a good chance of dying in the first turn, cus teleporting in the middle of the opposing army (and scattering a lot) gave the opponent the chance to shoot at him with everything he had (cus going up close and personal wouldnt be a good idea against a khorne lord!). but he had nice equip for surviving this: terminator armour and a shield with 2+ unmodified save against shooting (i am talking about old edition... 3rd or something with wargear cards), so if he survived, he had the whole second turn to butcher through everything he got his claws on, producing a hell of close combat hits and summoning daemons in turn 3 or, if he died, next turn all his buddies arrived and had fun without being shot to pieces in the previous turn, cus everybody was shooting at the bigboss.

with 40k, if i would do a CSM army, i would add some thousand sons to worldeaters, cus i like tzeentch better than the other 2 gods and thousand sons are the natural enemies of spacewolves, which is also nice1 :)
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!
Arbaal
the Undefeated, Destroyer of Khorne

Previous

Return to + DAEMONS OF KHORNE +