Beast Elemental fluffy?

The bloodied beasts devoted to the Blood God

Beast Elemental fluffy?

Postby BloodAnWhiskey on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:20 pm

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/I ... EASTS.html

There "he" is. Looks to be a good choice for only a couple more points than a giant but then again I havnt played 8th fantasy at all. Could be painted differently to fit a bloodied band and gotta love the skull head. FW really is taking this Forge thing pretty serious and I'm lovin it. Empire Land Ship? :salut: or perhaps a Chaos Siege Giant? But enough slobbering. heh

My question is this: Would this Elemental of Beasts be fluffy in my pure Khorne BoC army?

Its description mentions a bloody ritual, which would agree with Khornate warbands. But then goes on to talk of the Amber college of wizards & bray-shamans. I guess it goes back to the old "debate" on Blood Priests. Could they be a fluffy substitution for a Bray-Shaman. Any opinions and/or justifications ?
"It follows than as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington, 15111781, to the Marquis de Lafayette.
BloodAnWhiskey
Traitor

Re: Beast Elemental fluffy?

Postby LordOfSkullz on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 am

Well since no ones added anything, I'll try and throw 2 Cents in. Its pretty late so my memory might not be to great at the moment, but I believe way back in the days of Slaves to Darkness they had 'bloodstones' that the wizards used to call up the daemons.

So if my memory serves and that's true, I'd say a 'bloody' sort of ritual would be alright? (I didn't read this guys fluff) but I'd say if a Khorne herd used say Bray Shamans, for the sole purpose of bringing forth larger beasts for a nasty fight. It may be okay one could argue.

But because on that same token, Khorne is said to despise 'all magic' which is never described to discern between casting a spell for a fireball or to summon a beast, so... thats a thin line. Even with the aforementioned bloodstones GamesWorkshop is legendary at changing the fluff around seeing as the got rid of them in the first place.

So all in all, I'd go with no. If its Bray Shamans doing the summoning. Beastlords, Wargors and the like not using some magic type deal then yes fine. Other wise, I'd stick to the regular list of beasts without Shamans. (One of the unfortunate things about pure Khorne Armies...)
Member of the ACDL
Follower of the Dark Four
"Soon the Old World and its Allies shall fall.
So it has been written, so it shall be done."
Skullz Counter:
Faithful:163
Enemy: 209
LordOfSkullz
Legionnaire

Re: Beast Elemental fluffy?

Postby BloodAnWhiskey on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Glad you mentioned it and since no one is here to back you up, heres the Bloodstone quote from Slaves to Darkness:
Bloodstones are dark, red-veined rocks, about the size of a clenched fist, and slightly warm to the touch. They are given only to the most favoured of Khorne's Chaos Champions and allow their owner to call upon the aid of Khorne's daemonic minions. Each Bloodstone may only be used once as the Stone is destroyed by the summoning.

During any magic phase in which the Champion is in b2b contact with a Khornate Chaos Altar he may call upon the Blood God for daemonic assistance, crushing the Bloodstone above the Altar and releasing the daemonic blood it contains.

It goes on the say the bonuses one receives for causing wounds, killing wizards, or Slaaneshi followers. A roll on the chart determines which and how many daemons are summoned & if you control them or not & if the champion is drained of his blood, dead by turning into a drained shell. Any followers of other Chaos Gods die in the same manner if they attempt to use a Bloodstone.

So. I'm a firm believer that once GW creates cannon and then moves on; it stands until reputed in the future. Its this belief that allows me to walk proudly into the LA Battle Bunker with my buddy's Slayer Dwarf Army from the ol' SoC lists. Bloodstones seem like a cool modeling aspect to a Wargor as well (maybe even converted from a Bray-Shaman.
The only question now is: Are stable Elementals on the same level as Daemons? in terms of summoning/controlling/plane of existance/etc. And is there only one of each Elemental or can multiple exist, say in the same army? I know there must be some text out there, possibly talking about those from Araby?
"It follows than as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington, 15111781, to the Marquis de Lafayette.
BloodAnWhiskey
Traitor

Return to + BEASTS OF KHORNE +