World Bleeder's 40k table

World Bleeder's 40k table

Postby World Bleeder on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi guys,

I have a long time wish project finally about to start up. I have wanted to build an updated 40k table for a long time. I've collected a lot of 40k terrain over the years when I was able to catch a deal. I expect to have some free time over the next couple of weeks and plan to finally work on this. I have a Skyshield Landing Pad, Wall of martyrs set, Honored Imperium, Imperial Strongpoint set and Imperial City sector set. I'll be updating this thread with pics as I go.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Re: World Bleeder's 40k table

Postby World Bleeder on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Here are pictures of everything I plan to work on.

A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby KrautScientist on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:04 am

Seems like you've got your work cut out for you, WB! ;) Best of luck with the terrain!

One small piece of advice, since you also purchased that Honoured Imperium Space Marine statue: The head and shield are excellent pieces to make molds of, so you can make plaster copies for your bases. The great part about this is that the pieces will then have an actual "stone" texture when damaged, broken apart etc. I've used those parts on the base of my Chaos Knight, and it's really a neat way to get the most out of the kit before gluing it together.
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com
World Eaters / INQ 28 / Terrain / Other
KrautScientist
Master of the Hunt

Postby World Bleeder on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:22 am

That is an excellent suggestion! Thanks so much, I will definitely do that.

I do have my work cut out for me that's for sure, I guess that's why these have been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for so long. I told myself though, I either have to get off my rear and complete this project or sell the stuff because I'm tired of it staring at me. I'm cutting down on the amount of clutter, armies and stuff I have. I recently sold my Space Wolf army, I had it half way finished and then lost interest and it's been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years. I think I've finally learned to resist the new shiny toys when they come out and wait for things I'm really interested in, so now I'm cleaning out all the stuff I bought that I never finished. The money I make off the sale is going to fund my trip to Adepticon next year, so it's for a good cause.

I'm not sure I'm going to need all of this for my table, I may actually have too much but we'll see.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Brninghalo on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:54 pm

I am looking forward to this, WB.
A nice gaming table is something I'd like to have for our group down south here.

Are you going to keep the table set up or will you be making a modular type table?

Thanks,
Tom
Brninghalo
Blood Confessor

Postby World Bleeder on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:31 am

Unfortunately I don't have the space to keep it set up permanently. I have storage containers for the buildings and a F.A.T. mat, the table collapses and it all stores neatly in my garage.

I made excellent progress on the buildings this past weekend. The Imperial Sector is finished, I made two large buildings instead of 3 smaller ones as I already have the 3 smaller ones built previously. The Imperial Strongpoint is finished, as is the Battlescape, Honored Imperium, Shrine of the Aquila, Imperial bunker, Imperial emplacement and two defense lines. I also picked up the new Munitorum Armoured Containers.

I'll take pictures tonight and share how the table is looking. I think it's fine for a regular game of 40k now but I would like some line of site blocking terrain in the middle of the table. All the buildings I have now have windows in them so they don't exactly block line of site.

I do still have to paint everything, that will be taken care of with my airbrush.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Brninghalo on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:46 am

Excellent!

I'm guessing an airbrush is going to make painting all of this terrain easy and quick.
You can always go back and pick out the details later.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Thanks,
Tom
Brninghalo
Blood Confessor

Return to + TERRAIN +