New Warhammer 40k Campaign

A repository of continuing storylines set in the 40k realm.

Re: New Warhammer 40k Campaign

Postby birdie on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:05 am

Joah,

Some of this is starting to make sense.............

Right, looks like you start the game in your HQ/Stronghold with three armies, CF @ 1500pts, OF @1500pts and the recon unit @ 500pts, so a total of 3500pts, you must always keep at least 1000pts in your HQ and you can't send any more than two conquest armies to other hexes. These conquest armies can't be any more than 2000pts.

Each campaign turn you can gain RP, which you can spend on a variety of things, but if you spend it on getting additional units for your army, you can have a maximum of 5000pts in any one hex.

So, in a nutshell you'll possibly have to have up to 5000pts to field in a battle if an opponent decides to take you on.

The campaign rules here seem quite fair and looks like it's an interesting campaign, looks like you'll have to have quite a flavour of units available from offensive/defensive/fast.

Sounds like a blast, wish I had the time for something like this :cry:
Gone.................but not forgotten

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby Joah_from_Alberta on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:28 pm

birdie wrote:Sounds like a blast, wish I had the time for something like this :cry:

You're scaring me here, I didn't read anywheres that time was a prerequisite.

birdie wrote:The campaign rules here seem quite fair and looks like it's an interesting campaign, looks like you'll have to have quite a flavour of units available from offensive/defensive/fast.

Well, I don't like playing with bikes anymore in 5th. I do have 10 khorne raptors w/meltas 6 Slaanesh raptors w/meltas and 6 Slaanesh raptors w/flamers. Are my Spawn fast? I have 30 of those suckas to fill 1200 points. And I have my 100 zombies but I'm not sure I can field them as there's no mention of Apocalypse in this campaign. Well, not entirely true, there is mention of Titan and Forge that I intend to bring up regarding my 3 Hell Talons (incentive to build please!).

I am looking forward to playing with my 2 DP MoK/2 Land Raiders. These units are not over-powered and Land Raider is actually vulnerable to lance weapons but I am hoping to have fun leveling these units up (here's hoping to turn my Land Raider into a fast vehicle woop woop).

Cheers Birdie,
Joah_from_Alberta
Berzerker Champion

Postby Joah_from_Alberta on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:54 am

Joah_from_Alberta wrote:You're scaring me here, I didn't read anywheres that time was a prerequisite.

I dunno if it was in the pdf but I went to pick up a hard copy and the header sheet said that 2-weeks time would be allowed for everyone to play their campaign turn.

Anyhow, I'm going to meet the coordinator tonight and maybe have a friendly game. And ask about forge world models.
Joah_from_Alberta
Berzerker Champion

Postby birdie on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:46 am

Joah_from_Alberta wrote:Anyhow, I'm going to meet the coordinator tonight and maybe have a friendly game. And ask about forge world models.

Yeh, and ask him about using Apoc rules in the inevitable large games later in the campaign :thumbleft:
Gone.................but not forgotten

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby Joah_from_Alberta on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Very good Birdie!

Cheers,
Joah_from_Alberta
Berzerker Champion

Previous

Return to + CAMPAIGNS +