Dromundis Campaign

A repository of continuing storylines set in the 40k realm.

Dromundis Campaign

Postby Jiron on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 am

Welcome brothers,
my brother and I have decided we will start to play a narrative campaign, playing one battle per month. He plays his Alpha Legion from several codices (Space Marines, Elysian Drop Troops and maybe he will come up with some others). You can see his part of the story here: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Alpha_Legio ... topic=1820

I will be there with my Space Rats, Khorne worshipping renegades inspired by my former WHFB army. Details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2155&hilit=space+rats. I will post here the reports that my commanders from each battle sent to the Warlord King Rat. In that form you would see exactly what my Warlord see in his campaign file. So if you want complete story check both forums.

Dramatis Personnae

Space Rats

King Rat
Warlord of the Space Rats (Lord of Terror)
Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, TDA, Pair of Lightning Claws, Gift of Mutation

Than-Guol
The Seer, Navigator of Wicked Blade
Chaos Sorcerer, Aura of Dark Glory

Krenko „The Horned One“
Prophet of Khorne
Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Pair of Lightning Claws, Sigil of Corruption, Gift of Mutation

Kamahl
Master of the Siege
Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Powerfist, Sigil of Corruption
Last edited by Jiron on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enemy of my enemy is gonna be next...
Jiron
Legionnaire

Re: Dromundis Campaign

Postby Jiron on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:27 am

Battle Report: 1
To: King Rat, Lord of the Space Rats
Mission: Battleforce Recon (500pts)
Deployment: Special
Result: Draw
Commander of Operation: Than-Guol the Seer

My Lord,
As you have commanded, I have taken the lead of expedition on the surface of moon Secutor IV, we have managed to find a fuel station from the times of Imperial colonization as well as location of warp-stone meteor. Just as I supposed, the meteor is powerful enough to quicken production of our weaponry, ammunition and mutagenous substances that I use for my experiments.
Unfortunatelly, during the recon we have encountered armed enemy. On the first look it appeared as Imperial Guard regiment however, we have found no markings or insignia that would match any known Guard regiment in the Imperium. The soldiers have been very well trained, disciplined and armed. Most likely they would be hired company of some prospector guild.
When I and brother Craven held position at the fuel station, brother Mordred lead his assault squad to the meteor. There he met heavy opposition and not even the powers of Chaos I have called upon to his aid, were unable to protect his squad from utter destruction. Mordred himself will have to stay for some time in the medici part of my laboratory. I Believe I will be able to save most of his warriors. Biological matter of the others, those beyond saving, will serve the chapter the other way.
It is crucial to begin with mining of the warp-stone. With it I will revive the power of our glorious chapter and work out projects, that have never been seen before. I beg you, my lord, by the names of the Dark Gods, rip the moon Secutor IV from the hands of our enemies and ensure our future!
Jiron
Legionnaire

Re: Dromundis Campaign

Postby Jiron on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Battle Report 2 - Securing the Dropzone
To: The King Rat
Mission: Special
Deploy: Special
Commander: Krenko, the Horned One

According to the Seers report, the enemy have claimed the warp-stone meteor. Those petty soldiers entrenched themselves around the warp-stone. I felt the meteor calling me with promisses of immesurable power. Than-Guol was able to navigate our deployment nearby their improvised fortress.
We have deployed two squads and a cult of Obliterators. Their mission was simple. They had to crush all heavy weaponry on the battlements. I have joined one squad. The warriors of our chapter ready for glorious challenge of close combat, armed with roaring chanswords. The squad champion nodded and accepted my command, his lightning claws waved in salute. Despite his helmet, I can sense his fear. He saw me in the battle cages when I adapted to my new form. I have charged with my warriors on the front wall of the enemy, while Craven and his band of cowards charged from the left flank of the fortress with their bolters and plasmaguns.
I have heard the rumbling of assault cannons fired by the obliterator cult. Shots tearing and rending apart the soldiers manning the autocanon which exploded as the hyper-rapid bolt tore through the ammunition box. Craven’s squad moved from cover to cover to get to close range to the battlements. The searing light of lascannon blinded me for a second. The Taurus armoured vehicles fired it’s main weaponry as well as their hunter killer missiles. Two obliterators melted down, their fleshmetal turning in a pool of liquid silver soaking in the desert sand.
In response the last remaining creature moulded the barrel of a lascannon from it’s left arm and fired to the head of guarding sentinel. Enormous hole burned throu the hull of light walker, it’s legs stumbled and the warmachine fell to ground. Cravens bolters and plasmaguns closed in and started furious, short ranged firefight with soldiers in cover of sandbag barrier. The fight was not entirely matched as the bolters punched large holes in the bodies of human fighters and pulped their flesh to bloody mess. The lasgun fire unable to punch throu the Space Rats power armor.
I have charged further and found myself in range of three plasmaguns, two lascannons and plenty of lasguns. With mighty laughter I have charged through deadly volley. The witch casting it’s magicks on me suffered greatly when I have screamed the name of the Blood God, his eyes and ears bleeding.
In the meantime, Cravens warriors shot to pieces the Taurus vehicles and climbed over the baricades, wading ankle deep in blood and remains of defenders. I have crossed, the borderline of enemy battlements under heavy fire. I cried out my challenges to the psyker but all of my senses felt dull in the moment I have stepped in proximity of the warpstone. Images of future power, of slaughters I will fitness, the havoc I will wreak. I have been overwhelmed.
When this train of future memories was broken, I realised that command squad with the witch is retreating. On my right I’ve heard the squad sergeant roar: „Slay the beast, Brothers! Hydra Dominatus!“. Shimmering flashes of lasgun fire danced on my armor and I smiled. „Blood for the Blood God!“ I screamed. But my warriors did not replied. I glanced behind and saw that I’m alone. My squad was all dead. Did they die in the furious storm of shells or did they die while I enjoyed visions of future bloodshed? I don’t know. „Skulls for the Skull Throne!“ I roared charging the veteran squad.
Their sergeant was well trained in the ways of swordplay. He saluted me as I charged and assumed perfect stance. Too bad for him that I no longer relish in swordplay. With my left claw I smashed his blade aside and burried my right in his chest. I grabbed his ribcage and pulled him closer to scream my rage to his face before tearing his chest open. His men are extremelly well disciplined. They stood and fight to the last of their breath. At least ten more seconds.
The victory is ours! Dropzone for our Thunderhawks is secured and we are ready to extract the warp-stone. In the aftermath of battle we found that sergeant that I killed has physiognomy of a space marine. We can now be sure that these soldiers were not simple mercenaries. I feel we weren’t seeing each other for the last time.
Jiron
Legionnaire

Return to + CAMPAIGNS +