Tau Experimental Carrier

A place to show off what's on our workbench.

Tau Experimental Carrier

Postby Kelsik on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 am

If you read the other post in this section then you already know I get the hobby maddness. Though I dont hear the call of the blood god, I may do some contract work for him from time to time.
Today is not one of those times. Ive been busy working on a new carrier for the Tau empire to relieve the stress on the custodians to bring significant quantities attack craft and gunships to conflict zones.

At present the ships stats are as follows
Cost 210
Cruiser
Hull: 6
speed 10-20 cm
turns 45
armour 5/6

Shields 2
Turrets 4
Railgun p/f 3
Railgun s/f 3
P launchbay 3
S launchbay 3
Grav hooks 3
Tracking system
Grav shield (6 armour front)

Head on shot

Under side to illistrate the Grav hook arrangment

Im very pleased with the progress and will be making a mould to produce more.
Ive also made a mould to produce bfg scale mantas and barracudas. First batch came out very well. Good times.
Kelsik
Acolyte

Re: Tau Experimental Carrier

Postby tosAdmin on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Moved to Random Chat as it's not Khorne focused.
Please contact us at ThroneOfSkullsAdmin@gmail.com with any question or concerns.
tosAdmin

Postby World Bleeder on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Excellent work my friend. The detail is really good. I can't wait to get a close up look at it. I'm shocked you've been out in your shed working on this with how cold it is. I walk out into mine once a night and turn back around right now.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Skyzerker on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:12 pm

World Bleeder wrote:Excellent work my friend. The detail is really good. I can't wait to get a close up look at it. I'm shocked you've been out in your shed working on this with how cold it is. I walk out into mine once a night and turn back around right now.

Boo hoo. It's 12 degrees farenheit here right now, with a wind chill of about two. Global Warming my arse... :?

@Kelsik: I have no idea what you just said rules-wise, but I see a Federation Constellation class ship and a Klingon Bird of Prey that are about to move in for the kill on those tuna heads... :lol:
Sanity... ...is for the WEAK!

Brave are the deeds
Of fallen victorious
Never forgotten
Lonely are the glorious
Skyzerker
Daemonhost

Postby Khorga on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Skyzerker wrote:
World Bleeder wrote:Excellent work my friend. The detail is really good. I can't wait to get a close up look at it. I'm shocked you've been out in your shed working on this with how cold it is. I walk out into mine once a night and turn back around right now.

Boo hoo. It's 12 degrees farenheit here right now, with a wind chill of about two. Global Warming my arse... :?

You guys have no idea what a REAL winter feels like. no idea what it's in fahrenheit, but mostly during winter we have like 10 to 20 degrees celsius below zero :o . now try fixing an engine with numb fingers :evil:
Khorga
Warrior Champion

Postby Kelsik on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:26 am

Khorga you got me beat hands down when it comes to the cold. I havent read where your from but im guessing mid west or on the eastern sea board. True that in the san francisco bay area we get a days worth of snow once every 20 years,( and then its just a sprinkle on the ground and its gone by noon.
this year we went from 75 degree days to low 40s in the space of 2 days. It may not be the wind chilled below zero that illanios is getting but for us out here it was like bieng dumped in ice water over night.
Its got migrating birds all messed up too. In early december Ive seen a v flight of geese heading north.

enough of the weather, Ive got a new pic for ya,

the stats for this carrier are still bieng debated based off the wish list in the first post.
As for the post stating this wasnt a khorne related issue. I believe it is. After all my fleets prime opponent is khorne and since khorne is a warrior formost it is wise to know thy enemy.
More updates comming as the project proceeds.
Kelsik
Acolyte

Postby Skyzerker on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Khorga wrote:You guys have no idea what a REAL winter feels like. no idea what it's in fahrenheit, but mostly during winter we have like 10 to 20 degrees celsius below zero :o . now try fixing an engine with numb fingers :evil:

Zero in celcius is the same as thirty-two farenheit (the temp that water freezes). There's a math formula that you can use to figure one into the other (and vice versa), but I can't really be arsed to remember what it is right now! :lol: If memory serves correct, your winters sound about comparable to the winters around here. Numb fingers are bad, but the pain that sets in when they thaw out....
Sanity... ...is for the WEAK!

Brave are the deeds
Of fallen victorious
Never forgotten
Lonely are the glorious
Skyzerker
Daemonhost

Return to + WORKS IN PROGRESS +